Stormwater Control Measure (SCM) Information
Section 6.1 of the Apex Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) discusses Town stormwater regulations. The Town has adopted the NC Stormwater Design Manual as their stormwater design manual. Planting requirements for applicable SCMs can be found in the Town Design and Development Manual (PDF).
The Town has developed an SCM Construction Sequence (PDF) to provide specific information for developers on what is required for SCMs prior to Final Plat/CO.
Stormwater SCM Map
View the most recent Stormwater SCM Map (PDF) showing all approved and installed SCMs in Apex.
Operation & Maintenance (O&M) AgreementsThe Town of Apex now requires eRecording for SCM O&M Agreements
The Town of Apex requires that O&M Agreements for SCMs be recorded prior to plats being recorded. In order to assist developers and surveyors, Apex is requiring eRecording for O&M Agreements. The fee for this service is $30 ($26 Wake County Fee + $4 Provider Fee).
The following steps must be completed before Development Services staff will approve plat signing:
- E-mail draft O&M Agreement to Development Services for review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once draft is approved, deliver hard copy executed O&M Agreement along with $30 check to Development Services.
- Development Services will eRecord O&M Agreement and e-mail recorded agreement to developer.
- Development Services will write the book and page number of the recorded O&M Agreement on the plat to be recorded.
- Bioretention Cell O&M Agreement (PDF)
- Dry Pond O&M Agreement (PDF)
- Grassed Swale O&M Agreement (PDF)
- Level Spreader O&M Agreement (PDF)
- Permeable Pavement O&M Agreement (PDF)
- Sand Filter O&M Agreement (PDF)
- StormFilter O&M Agreement (PDF)
- Stormwater Wetland O&M Agreement (PDF)
- Underground Detention O&M Agreement (PDF)
- Wet Pond O&M Agreement (PDF)
The Town requires that an SCM As-Built Supplement accompany each SCM As-Built drawing submittal. The purpose of the supplement is to ensure that as-built information for a SCM does not deviate significantly from design information. A supplement form is required for each SCM.
- Bioretention Cell As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- Dry Pond As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- Grassed Swale As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- Level Spreader As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- Permeable Pavement As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- Sand Filter As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- StormFilter As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- Stormwater Wetland As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- Underground Detention As-Built Supplement (PDF)
- Wet Pond As-Built Supplement (PDF)
Annual Inspection Reports
All SCM owners are responsible for having all SCMs on their property inspected annually by a qualified registered North Carolina professional engineer, land surveyor, or landscape architect performing services only in their area of competence. Each SCM owner will receive a courtesy 30-day notice in the mail from the Town the month before their annual inspection is due.
Apex Master SCM List
The Apex Master SCM List (PDF) is a listing of all SCMs and owners in Apex and their respective due date months. SCMs listed in red text have not yet been given final approval by the Town and are not yet due for annual inspection.
Annual Inspection Reporting Forms
View and download the Inspection Report for the applicable SCM(s) from the list below. Please email the Report to email@example.com as a single PDF document including a cover sheet, the appropriate Inspection Report form(s), photographs with captions, and proof of routine maintenance. Incomplete reports will not be accepted.
- Structural SCM Inspection Report - Cover Sheet (PDF)
- Bioretention Cell SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Dry Pond SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Grassed Swale SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Hydrodynamic Separator SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Level Spreader SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Other Type SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Permeable Pavement SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Sand Filter SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- StormFilter SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Stormwater Wetland SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Underground Detention SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
- Wet Pond SCM Inspection Report (PDF)
Annual Inspection Report Guidelines
Please name the single PDF report file with the year, whether the inspection passed or failed, and the property name. E.g. 2019 SCM Certification - Apex Town Hall or 2019 SCM FAIL - Apex Town Hall. If a site fails inspection, the report is still due to the Town by the inspection deadline. A 60-day period is then granted for repairs. Note that annual inspection reports submitted are subject to follow-up inspection by Town staff.