Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste collection is performed by the Town of Apex Public Works Department personnel for residential customers. To learn about ordinances that regulate Yard Waste collection in Apex, click here,
Collection occurs weekly on the business day following garbage and recycling collection. On occasion, weekly collection is not possible, due to these reasons:
- Inclement weather (this includes periods of heavy rain, ice, or snow)
- Holidays (Yard waste collection observes the published Town of Apex Holiday calendar)
- High Demand (increases following a big weather event and during the loose-leaf collection season, November-February)
Pre-Collection Key Reminders
- Yard waste is required to be separated by type and not combined with other yard waste types
- Yard waste is to be placed at least ten (10) feet away from any storm drain
- Yard waste should not be blocked by vehicles on collection day
- Yard waste should not to be placed at curbside for collection more than 48 hours in advance of the scheduled collection date
3 Types of Trucks
that may visit your street on yard waste collection day
Check your schedule using our address lookup tool. Please note that there may be slight delays in programming this tool with newly constructed home addresses.
Town of Apex encourages the use of mulching blades on mowing equipment. Lawn clippings usually do not need to be bagged. Recycling grass clippings can reduce your fertilizer needs, improve your soil, and does not contribute to thatch.
In an effort to divert inappropriate materials from Wake County landfills, the Town of Apex encourages the use of compost bins to help residents dispose of yard waste.
If you have a question regarding your collection day, or to report missed collection, contact Customer Service at (919) 362-8676.