If you're planning to visit MG's Vision & lights on Holt Road this year, please be mindful of the following information from the Apex Police Department. They are working to increase safety and reduce congestion in the area.
The travel route is indicated in RED on the map.
- Three officers will be stationed at the locations noted on the map to assist with traffic control. (These officers are off-duty, and paid privately. This does not impact the number of officers on patrol in town.)
- Enter the queue from Davis Drive.
- Traffic must queue in the carpool line of Salem Elementary (6116 Old Jenks Rd) and Salem Middle. There will be signage and cones to assist visiting traffic.
- Keep moving with the traffic flow.
- After viewing the lights, traffic will exit the venue by making a right onto Holt Road.
- Traffic will continue on Holt Road until you reach the stop sign. (We recommend you make a right at the stop sign to exit on NC 55 Hwy.)
Please, Do Not...
- Do not stop your vehicle for pictures.
- Do not get out of your vehicle.
- Do not litter!
- Do not make U-Turns on Old Jenks Road.
- Do not make U-Turns on Holt Road.
- Do not block any business entrances or road intersections
If the traffic queue is backed out of the school carpool area, we recommend you return at a later time or date. To pass the time, you can take advantage of Apex’s many retail shops, restaurants, or visit our beautiful downtown!
- Right turns will only be permitted for south-bound traffic on Holt Road at Old Jenks Road, indicated in PURPLE on the map.
- East-bound traffic on Old Jenks is straight only, indicated in GREEN on the map.
- You will not be permitted to make a left from Old Jenks Road to view the lights.
- Do not attempt to make a left turn or a U-turn to access the queue.