The Town of Apex follows the guidance of agencies that monitor public health, as it relates to the coronavirus and any other major public health issue. These include the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, and the Wake County Division of Public Health.
The information below is current as of April 29, 2020. Please stay tuned for updates as programs continue to be evaluated.
- All town buildings, including the Apex Community Center and The Halle Cultural Arts Center, are currently closed to the general public.
- Parks amenities including athletic fields and courts, picnic shelters, dog parks, playgrounds, and the skate plaza are also closed. All public greenways and trails remain open. Park restrooms remain open.
- All parks will close approximately 30 minutes after sunset to align the operational hours with our greenways.
- All programming for Apex Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources has been cancelled through May 31st. Participants who had already registered for these programs will be contacted directly regarding refunds.
- Rentals for shelters, fields and rooms are cancelled through May 15th. No new rentals will be scheduled until after May 31st.
- Although the buildings will be closed, much like during a snow event or other natural disaster, staff will continue working to carry out the town’s mission, and to provide the best possible service during this unprecedented time. Here are a few ways that you can continue to conduct your business with Town staff.
For all new and most current updates, you can always refer to the COVID-19 page on the Town’s website.