Builder / Contractor Information
Builder / Contractor Request Forms
These online forms are for contractors and can be used instead of calling in your request.
Builder / Contractor Final Checklist
The Public Works Water & Sewer Inspection must be done before you call in for your final building inspection. To schedule a Public Works Final Water & Sewer Inspection, fill out our online request form or call (919) 249-3356.
Inspections are done on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- If you need the inspection on Tuesday, you must call before 3 p.m. on Monday.
- If you need the inspection on Thursday, you must call before 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
Water Service Checklist
Please reference Section 6 - Water Distribution in the Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Meter (Visual Inspection) - Make sure that there is between 4 to 6 inches from the meter lid to the meter register. (If the meter is set too high in the box, then the lid will not fit. If the meter is set too low in the box then it will be too hard to work on) Meter should be set properly
- Meter Box (Visual Inspection) - Make sure meter box is not holding water and that there is 3 inches of #67 stone in the box
- Setter (Visual Inspection) - Make sure setter has not been bent or damaged and that it is at the correct depth of 24 inches and that it has a dual check valve.
- Water Service (Visual Inspection) - Make sure area around service is not wet or soft.
Sewer Service Checklist
Please reference Section 7 - Sanitary Sewers in the Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Combination (Camera) - Make sure combination is not cracked
- Service Line (Camera) - Make sure there is no debris in the line and that the line is not holding water
- Sewer Cap (Visual Inspection) - Make sure sewer cap is on the stack and it is not damaged
- Stack (Camera) - Make sure the stack is straight and not bent
- Stack Height (Visual Inspection) - Make sure stack height is at least 6 inches above final grade
- Tap (Camera) - Make sure the tap is made at the correct angle going to the main and make sure of proper alignment