Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Advisory Commission
- NOTE: At the PRCR Advisory Commission Meeting Wednesday, October 27th staff made a recommendation to combine the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Advisory Commission meetings for November and December. Meetings scheduled for November 24th and December 29th will be combined and held on Wednesday, December 8th at (6pm). This is a request in keeping with past tradition during the Holiday Season. The motion to combine the meetings in to one meeting on Wednesday, December 8th passed unanimously.
- Current Advisory Commission Agenda (PDF)
For any questions, comments, or additions regarding the meeting, contact the Director of Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources by calling (919) 249-3344 no later than 4 p.m. the Wednesday preceding the regular meeting date.
- Last Wednesday each month, 6:00 p.m.
- Town Hall Council Chamber, 2nd Floor (73 Hunter Street)
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee serves in an advisory capacity to department staff and the Town Council, providing recommendations on parks and recreation issues in the Apex community. The commission also reviews and makes recommendations on public recreation requirements for proposed residential developments and provides input on long range plans related to parks and recreation.
The Apex Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Advisory Commission is composed of 9 members appointed by the Mayor and Town Council. Initial terms are 3 years, staggered beginning with the June meeting each year.
Current members are:
- Renee Pfiefer, Chair
- Alan Buck, Vice-Chair
- Matthew Carusona
- Tom Colwell
- Lisa Esterrich
- Michael Kanters
- Darryl Lanier
- Jeff Roach
- Mary Lee Blatchford
How to Serve
If you’re interested in serving on this Advisory Board, please complete the interest form. You will be contacted when a vacancy occurs.
- Town of Apex PRCR Advisory Commission Bylaws
- Unified Development Ordinance (PDF)
- Town Code of Ordinances
- Section 15-1: Parks and Recreation Commission - Created; Members
- Section 15-2: Parks and Recreation Commission - Meetings; Chair; Vice-Chair; Secretary
- Section 15-3: Parks and Recreation Commission - Attendance of Commissioners at Meetings
- Section 15-4: Parks and Recreation Commission - Duties; Powers