The Town of Apex follows the guidance of agencies that monitor public health, as it relates to the coronavirus and any other major public health issue. These include the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, and the Wake County Division of Public Health.
Closings, Cancellations and Postponements
The information below is current as of April 8, 2020. Please stay tuned for updates as programs continue to be evaluated.
- All Town Buildings, including the Apex Community Center and Halle Cultural Arts Center, are closed to the general public through April 30th.
- Parks Amenities including athletic fields and courts, picnic shelters, dog parks, playgrounds, and the skate plaza are closed through April 30th. All public greenways and trails remain open. Park restrooms remain open.
- All Parks will close approximately 30 minutes after sunset to align the operational hours with our greenways.
- Adult and Youth Spring Athletic Leagues are cancelled for the season. Emails are being sent out to all registered participants regarding the refund process.
- All Programming for Apex Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources has been cancelled through May 31st. Participants who had already registered for these programs will be contacted directly regarding refunds.
- Rentals for shelters, fields and rooms are cancelled through May 15th. No new rentals will be scheduled until after May 31st.
- Wake County Senior Games (until further notice)
- PeakFest - (rescheduled for September 19th)
- Think Apex Day (Fall 2020)
- All events held by The Halle Cultural Arts Center until June 1st are cancelled
- All programs held by the Apex Community Center until June 1st are cancelled
- Census Day Event
- All Easter Egg Hunts
- Peak City Pig Fest
- Special Needs Fishing Derby
For all new and most current updates, you can always refer to the COVID-19 page on the Town’s website.