Contractor / Builder Service Requests & Inspections
Online Request Forms for Service Requests and Inspections
Requests for installations and inspections should be submitted via our online service request forms below. This is our preferred method, however, if you have difficulty accessing or using these online forms you may contact Jessica Sloan at (919) 372-7478 to assist you.
Final Water Resources Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy Approval
Effective July 1, 2018, a $100 fee will be assessed for the Final Water Resources Inspection (formerly known as the Public Works Final) on all new commercial and one and two-family dwelling permits that are issued on or after July 1, 2018. A reinspection fee in the amount of $75 will be assessed for each failed inspection. Please see the complete Fee Schedule on our website at www.apexnc.org\currentfeeschedule. Passing inspection requirements are listed in the water and sewer checklists below:
In an effort to improve customer service, beginning the week of July 16, 2018 the following changes and procedures will be implemented:
- Final Water Resources Inspection will be performed every business day, excluding weekends and holidays beginning Monday, July 16, 2018. Previously this inspection was performed on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Beginning July 13th the inspection should be requested via the Online Inspection Request form found on the Building Inspections & Permitting website at www.apexnc.org\inspectionrequest. Select the checkbox labeled “Final Water Resources (water/sewer)” to request the inspection. No call-in requests will be accepted. Only requests received prior to the 2:00 pm cut-off time will be scheduled for the next business day. Cancellations must be called in to Inspections & Permitting Department by 7:30 a.m. at (919) 249-3388.
- You have the ability to view the inspection results online via ePermits found at www.apexnc.org\inspection.
- You may schedule the All Trade Building Final Inspection concurrently with the Final Water Resources Inspection; however, the Final Water Resources Inspection must pass before the Certificate of Occupancy is issued.
Please contact Jessica Sloan, Water Resources Administrative Specialist, at (919) 372-7478 if you have any questions regarding the Final Water Resources Inspection changes and procedures.
Passing Requirements - Final Water Resources InspectionWater Checklist
Please reference Section 6 - Water Distribution in the Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Meter (Visual Inspection) - Meter should be set properly - 4 to 6 inches from the meter lid to the meter register.
- Meter Box (Visual Inspection) - The meter box should be flush with grade, clear of water, and contain 4 inches of #57 stone.
- Setter (Visual Inspection) - Setter must have a dual check valve, located at the correct depth of 6 to 8 inches, and show no visible signs of damage.
- Radio Module - The module should be correctly mounted on a fiberglass rod approximately the same elevation as the meter.
- Water Service (Visual Inspection) - The area around the service should be back filled and graded for proper drainage. Area should not be wet or soft.
Please reference Section 7 - Sanitary Sewers in the Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Combination (Camera) - Combination is not cracked or damaged.
- Service Line (Camera) - No debris is found in the line and the line does not hold water.
- Sewer Cap (Visual Inspection) - Sewer cap is on the stack and not damaged.
- Stack (Camera) - Stack is straight, not bent.
- Stack Height (Visual Inspection) - Stack height is at least 6 inches above final grade.
- Tap (Camera) - Tap is made at the correct angle going to the main and in proper alignment.