Contractor / Builder Service Requests & Inspections
Online Request Forms for Service Requests and Inspections
Requests for water and sewer installations and inspections should be submitted via our online request forms below. This is our preferred method, however, if you have difficulty accessing or using these online forms you may contact Jessica Sloan at 919-372-7478 to assist you.
Irrigation Split Tap InstallationThe Town of Apex Water Resources Operations Department will install the Irrigation Split Tap for the fee listed in the adopted Fee Schedule for existing single-family water customers only. An Irrigation Permit must be issued and the fee paid prior to installation of the irrigation split tap. Please request the installation of the split tap via the on-line service request form above.
To request installation of a hydrant meter you must complete, sign, and return the Hydrant Meter Application form to the attention of Jessica Sloan at email@example.com. Allow 48 hours for hydrant meter setting, relocation, and pickup. Request hydrant meter relocation and pickups via the online service request form. A physical address, GPS coordinates or nearest intersection is required.
Hydrant Meter Rental
The Water and Sewer Final Inspection must be completed and passed before you call in for your final building inspection. To schedule a Water & Sewer Final Inspection, fill out the appropriate online request form from the bulleted list above. There is no fee for 1st and 2nd Inspections. If a 3rd inspection is required a re-inspection fee in the amount of $75 will be assessed and payable prior to the scheduled date of the re-inspection. Contact Jessica Sloan at (919) 372-7478 to arrange payment.
Water and Sewer Final Inspection
Inspections are done on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- If you need the inspection on Tuesday, you must call before 3 p.m. on Monday.
- If you need the inspection on Thursday, you must call before 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
Water Service ChecklistThe following checklist requirements must be met in order to conduct the final inspection:
Please reference Section 6 - Water Distribution in the Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Meter (Visual Inspection) - Meter should be set properly - 4 to 6 inches from the meter lid to the meter register. (If the meter is set too high in the box the lid will not fit. If the meter is set too low in the box it will be difficult to work on)
- Meter Box (Visual Inspection) - The meter box should be flush with grade, contain 4 inches of #57 stone, and not hold water.
- Setter (Visual Inspection) - Setter should have a dual check valve, be at the correct depth of 6 to 8 inches, and show no visible signs of damage.
- Radio Module - The module should be correctly mounted on fiberglass rod approximately same elevation as meter.
- Water Service (Visual Inspection) - The area around the service should be back filled and graded for proper drainage, area should not be wet or soft.
Sewer Service ChecklistThe following checklist requirements must be met in order to conduct the final inspection:
Please reference Section 7 - Sanitary Sewers in the Town of Apex Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Combination (Camera) - Make sure combination is not cracked
- Service Line (Camera) - Make sure there is no debris in the line and that the line is not holding water
- Sewer Cap (Visual Inspection) - Make sure sewer cap is on the stack and it is not damaged
- Stack (Camera) - Make sure the stack is straight and not bent
- Stack Height (Visual Inspection) - Make sure stack height is at least 6 inches above final grade
- Tap (Camera) - Make sure the tap is made at the correct angle going to the main and make sure of proper alignment