Call Public Works and Utilities at (919) 249-3356 between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm to report problems regarding:
- Sewer cleanout cap repair or replacement
- Sewer backups
- Manhole concerns
Note: Call the town first and let us investigate the problem. We will advise you if it is a town problem or if you need to call a plumber to make the repairs.
The Town of Apex maintains 157 miles of gravity sewer line and 33 miles of force main.
- Camera main gravity sewer line for visual inspection
- Flush at least 10% of the total sewer collection system each year as required by the State of North Carolina
- General maintenance and repair of the gravity sewer system
- Rehabilitation projects upgrading existing sewer mains and services
Pump Stations & Rights-of-Way
The town performs the following duties:
- Maintains 20 pump stations and monitors them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Maintains and keeps all easements and right-of-ways clear by mowing and removing vegetation
- Removes all beaver dams that are built on town easements