About the Gym
- You can lose your membership if your card is used by anyone else
- Only times listed on the Open Gym Schedule are available for open play. This schedule is subject to change without notice.
- Please share the courts and take turns, especially during crowded times
- Youth ages 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times
Open Gym Passes
Open Gym passes may be purchased by Apex resident only (resides within the corporate town limits). Passes include 10 visits for:
- Adults (18-54): $10
- Children (7 and under): Free
- Seniors (55+): Free
- Teens (13-17): $5
- Youth (8-12): $5
- Absolutely no dunking or hanging on the rim.
- Absolutely no food, drink, or gum is permitted in the gym. Athletic shoes and appropriate gym attire must be worn at all times
- Apex Residents with a valid Open Gym Pass may sign in no more than 3 nonresidents per visit.
- Community Center staff reserves the right to ask users to move to side goals or use the curtain to separate the gym in order to accommodate as many users as possible.
- Horseplay, fighting, swearing, abusive language and/or destruction of town property are prohibited throughout Apex Community Center
- Participation Open Gym requires registration and participants must sign in with each visit. Apex Residents with a valid Open Gym Pass must accompany nonresidents wishing to participate in Open Gym. Nonresidents accompanied by an Apex resident must pay $5 for each visit.
- Personal items may not be stored in locker facilities over night. Community Center personnel will remove all locks at the end of the day. The Town of Apex is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The Open Gym Schedules change monthly due to availability so be sure to check the link above to get the most recent information.
Split Court Use
When 2 courts are available for either basketball or volleyball, 1 court will be designated as an adult court (ages 16 and older) and the other will be designated as a youth court (ages 15 and under).
There will be a sign in sheet at both courts. If pick-up games are being played, teams will be formed according to the sign-up sheet. Winners will stay on the court and will play the next team on the sign in sheet. Once a team loses and those players wish to play again, participants are required to place their name back on the sign in sheet.
If you want to use the court for casual practice, and others are waiting, then you will have 20 minutes once you have signed in.
Adults can use the youth court if no one is using it but once a youth user comes to use the court then all adults must move off of the court. The same rule will also apply for if youth are using the adult side.
Adults (Ages 18+)
Children (ages 17 and under) are not allowed to participate or be in the gym during Adult Open Gym time. Please do not bring children during this designated time.
Youth & Teens (Ages 8-17)
A parent / guardian must complete and sign the Open Gym Registration Form before a child can obtain an Open Gym Pass. Open Gym is an unsupervised, unstructured program. Participation is at your own risk. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
Parent / guardian will be contacted if there are problems. Repeated disruptive behavior could result in the loss or suspension of an Open Gym Pass without refund.
Adults and children 7 and under cannot participate during designated Youth and Teen Open Gym time.
All Play is open for all ages. Children age 9 and under must be supervised by an adult, age 18+ at all times.