Public Transportation Services & Plans
GoTriangle – Bus Service
GoTriangle is the regional bus system in Wake County. Two GoTriangle bus routes provide morning and evening week-day service between Apex, Cary, Raleigh, and Durham.
- Route 305 – from Apex through Cary to downtown Raleigh.
- Route 311 – from Apex through Research Triangle Park to the Regional Transit Center at 901 Slater Road in Durham’s Imperial Center.
For more information on bus stops, routes, fares, and schedules visit gotriangle.org or call (919) 485-RIDE.
WakeTRACS – Van Reservation Service
Wake County Transit Plan
In 2016 a 10-year vision for enhanced transit across Wake County, the Wake Transit Plan, was adopted. The Wake Transit Plan includes four big moves that will benefit the Town of Apex and the region:
- Big Move 1: Connect Regionally
- Commuter rail from Garner to Durham with stations in Raleigh, Cary and Morrisville
- GoTriangle Express Bus service between Raleigh, RDU Airport, RTP, and Chapel Hill
- Big Move 2: Connect all Wake Communities
- Service to all 12 municipalities in Wake County
- Includes all-day hourly bus service from Apex to Raleigh
- Includes an hourly connection available during mornings and evenings from Holly Springs through Apex to Cary and RTP
- Big Move 3: Frequent, Reliable, Urban Mobility
- Bus Rapid Transit in Raleigh and Cary along New Bern Avenue, Capital Boulevard, South Wilmington Street, and Western Boulevard
- 15-minute, all-day bus service on high-demand routes in Raleigh and Cary
- Big Move 4: Enhance Access to Transit
- Community Funding Areas, like Apex, are eligible to receive matching funding to provide local service
- Additional funding for Wake County TRACS on-demand service
- Investment in better stops, shelters, and access to stop facilities
The Town of Apex is actively participating in the implementation of the Wake County Transit Plan:
- The Town of Apex provides a voting member to serve on the Transit Planning Advisory Committee (TPAC), the technical team charged with implementing the Wake Transit Plan.
- A citizen advisory committee, the Town of Apex Transit Committee, will serve as a liaison between TPAC and the community, and will help to guide the future of transit in Apex by making recommendations regarding transit service to the Town’s Planning Board and Town Council.
- Updates to the Town’s Transit Plan Map will be considered through a planned update to the Town of Apex Comprehensive Transportation Plan.
Town of Apex Transit Advisory Committee
The purposes of this committee, composed of citizens and Town staff, are to:
- Make recommendations related to transit needs and services in Apex
- Learn about opportunities for transit associated with the Wake Transit Plan
- Inform the update of the Transit Plan elements of the Town’s Comprehensive Transportation Plan
- Identify stakeholders of transit services and share information
| Committee members include:
|For more information contact Shannon Cox, Senior Transportation Planner, by email or phone at (919) 249-3505.