- Our Community
- Things To Do
- Special Events & Festivals
- Rotary Christmas Parade
Rotary Christmas Parade
Saturday, December 2nd, 5pm
Organized by the Apex Rotary Club
The Annual Apex Rotary Christmas Parade traditionally takes place at 5pm on the first Saturday of December. The parade is the only nighttime holiday parade in Wake County. The Apex Rotary Club organizes the parade, with proceeds benefitting numerous local charities; the primary benefactor being Western Wake Crisis Ministry. The parade kicks off at Apex Peakway and Ambergate Station, turning down Salem Street, and ending at Moore Street.
New for 2022! Gingerbread Lane located at the Depot Plaza boasts fun activities for all ages from 1 pm to 8 pm.
For more info, visit the Apex Rotary's website
Know Before You Go:
- Salem Street from Apex Peakway to Williams Street (Hwy 55) will be closed on Saturday, December 3rd from 3 pm to around 9 pm. Other street closures include:
- Apex Peakway from Magnolia Blossom Lane to Laura Duncan Road
- Hunter Street from Pate Street to Mason Street
- Center Street between Mason Street and Salem Street
- Chatham Street from Jones Street to Elm Street
- W Moore Street
- Parking is unavailable along Salem Street, Hunter Street, Center Street, Chatham Street, and Seaboard Street. Parking is available behind the Tobacco Mule Exchange and across from the Apex Police Department.
- The Apex Depot Parking lot is closed all day on Saturday, December 3rd.
- View the downtown parking map for walkable parking locations.
- GoApex Route 1 will operate with an alternate route from 6 am to 10 pm. View this map to see the alternative route! Parade attendees can use GoApex to reach Salem Street with ease. Learn more.
- Parade attendees can place chairs along the sidewalk on Salem Street after 8 pm on Friday, December 2nd. Please do not tie chairs together - this creates a barrier to accessing the sidewalk from the parallel parking spaces on Salem Street.
- Town staff may be on site during the event taking photos/video of the event and attendees.