The Town Council issues proclamations in recognition of noteworthy people, programs and causes that contribute to the greater good of the citizens of Apex.
All proclamation requests must be submitted online, at least 21 days prior to the desired date of presentation. If you would like the Mayor or another member of the Town Council to present the award, this date will be subject to their availability.
When We Will Issue a Proclamation or Letter of Honor
Proclamations and Letters of Honor may be issued for the following reasons:
- Recognition of action or service above and beyond the call of duty
- Recognition of extraordinary achievement
- Supporting actions that improve the quality of life of the Town of Apex
- Raising public awareness of issues that directly affect the Town of Apex
- Recognition of the 100th birthday of an Apex citizen
Proclamations and Letters of Honor WILL NOT be issued for any of the following:
- Matters that would require taking sides on a political issue.
- Matters involving issues of personal conviction.
- Matters involving any particular religion.
- Any other matters that tend to stir up controversy or unrest.
- Commercial purposes, such as the opening of a new business, a new service, a new product, or a new professional service, whether directly or indirectly related.
How to Request Proclamation or Letter of Honor